Ogden School Foundation Minigrant Guidelines
Only one minigrant request of up to $300 per teacher per year will be considered for funding. However, teachers may apply for both a Minigrant and an Impact Grant (up to $1,000)
in the same year.
Applications for funding are considered primarily on the following:
- How well the proposal complements the Foundation's mission statement.
"The Ogden School Foundation exists for the purpose of enhancing educational
opportunities for the students of the Ogden School District."
And, in the opinion of the Foundation, how beneficial the proposal appears to be when compared
with other pending requests.
- Requests of $300 or less are now considered in the minigrant category and are submitted on this form.
Teachers may apply for Impact Grants of up to $1,000 on a separate form available through the District web site.
Requests up to $4,000 for elementary and $6,000 for secondary fall into the School Priority Grant category
(formerly called Incentives For Excellence) and should be applied for through the principal (one per school).
Deadline is also Oct. 1. The form for School Priority Grants is also available on the district web site.
- All questions must be answered.
- Generally, funding will not be provided for T-shirts, treats & parties as incentives, food, athletic related events, workshops or travel for individuals. Bussing for field trips will be considered.
- All funded equipment must stay at the school and it becomes part of the school's inventory.
In the event that a teacher moves to a different school, the equipment does not move with the
teacher unless the principal and the Foundation grant special permission.
- Those requesting funds should carefully check for the best prices and sources and submit at least 2 bids.
- All forms must be submitted electronically
- Notification of approval or denial of your request will be given to your Principal/Administrator and a check will be sent to the school for all approved requests.
- All funds must be used in the school year they are awarded and for the approved
items. Unexpended funds should be returned to the Foundation by May 15, 2013.
Receipts should be kept on file in the school office and available to our auditors.
You may access this request form on the Foundation web site at www.ogdenschoolfoundation.org or on the District web page under Foundation at www.ogdensd.org after September 1. If you have any questions call Renae at 7307. Completed forms must be submitted electronically, either through the online submission process or emailed as an attachment to email@example.com.