Ogden School Foundation Minigrant Guidelines
Submission Deadline: October 1, 2015
After reviewing last year's MiniGrant applications, the Ogden School Foundation (OSF) has made some updates and revisions to this year's application. Please read this document in its entirety before proceeding with your response, as incomplete applications will not be considered. We are seeking to fund projects that align with the Mission Statement of The Ogden School Foundation.
"The Ogden School Foundation exists for the purpose of enhancing educational opportunities for the students of the Ogden School District."
MiniGrant recipients will receive up to $300 in funding. Please be aware that only one MiniGrant request of up to $300 per teacher, per year will be considered for funding. However, teachers may apply for both a MiniGrant and an Impact Grant, though it is not guaranteed that both will be awarded. Notification of approval or disapproval of your request will be given to your Principal/Administrator and a check will be sent to the school for all approved requests.
Requirements for Grant Applications
- Individuals employed by Ogden School District (OSD) who are directly involved in educating our district's students or who work in a support services capacity are eligible to apply. This includes teachers, instructional coaches, counselors, and district specialists.
- Applications must be submitted online at www.ogdenschoolfoundation.org beginning August 4, 2015 and no later than October 1, 2015.
- Any awarded funds must be used by March 1, 2016. Any unused funds must be returned to OSF.
- Receipts detailing what was purchased with any unexpended funds must be submitted to OSF by April 15, 2016.
- Identical applications from teachers, schools or departments will not be considered.
- Applications that fail to provide all of the required information will not be considered.
- Any materials purchased using OSF funds must remain at the school and become part of the school's inventory unless a move is approved by the Principal and the Foundation.
- You must follow the District's purchasing policy when paying for grant materials.
- Grants are to be used to fund projects that cannot be provided for with school and district budgets; however, grant money cannot be used to fund teacher training or travel, T-shirts, food, parties, prizes or athletics.
Grants will be evaluated using the criteria below:
- The proposed grant supports the OSF Mission Statement to enhance educational opportunities for students.
- The grant applicant follows all directions and fills out the grant application completely.
All funds must be used by March 1, 2016 and for the approved items only. Unexpended funds and receipts should be returned to the Foundation by April 15, 2016.
You may access this request form on the Foundation web site at www.ogdenschoolfoundation.org after August 4. If you have any questions, call Renae at 7307. Completed forms must be submitted electronically through the online submission process.