GoGuardian Parent Info
As part of the Ogden School District (OSD) Digital Elevation initiative, all students will be issued a Chromebook computer for use at school. Schools will also start allowing students to take their devices and use them at home. This personal device program is part of Ogden School District’s commitment to maximize educational opportunities for all students, and to help them to thrive in a rapidly-changing digital world so that we can prepare our students for jobs that do not exist today.
To help students stay safer and more scholarly online, we have adopted online services provided by GoGuardian.
OSD parents can download the GoGuardian Parent App from the Apple App Store of from Google Play. The GoGuardian Parent app gives you, parents and guardians, insight into your child’s digital activity.
GoGuardian only tracks your child's activity when they are logged into Chrome or a Chromebook with his/her district email address.
After downloading, you can sign in with your email address on file with your child's school. Further instructions are available in the video below, in this slide deck, or by clicking here.
If you receive an error message, please verify with your child's school that your email address is accurate.
- What is GoGuardian Parent? (App overview)
- Getting Started with GoGuardian Parent (Setting filters and time limits)
- What Student Data can I view using GoGuardian Parent?
Click the pop-out button in the upper-right corner (square with an arrow) of each flyer below to review the steps for signing in.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How is OSD using GoGuardian?
- How does GoGuardian operate?
- When will the GoGuardian Parent app be available?
- What are my parental/guardian and child’s responsibilities?
- What are my GoGuardian Parent choices?
- How does GoGuardian help protect my child’s privacy?
- What is GoGuardian Beacon?