The Communications and Public Information Department serves as a resource for stakeholders and builds awareness, public understanding and support for the schools in the Ogden School District. We support students and staff through a strategic, integrated approach to public relations, marketing and community outreach.
The Communications office is responsible for:
- Coordinating employee and parent communications
- Coordinating news media coverage
- Providing community information
- Advertising requests
- Collaborating on special projects
- Managing the District website and social media
- Coordinating Achieving Higher Awards to recognize employees
- Building and strengthening relationships between the community and the District and developing community partnerships
- Working closely with the Ogden Police Department and OSD’s School Resource Officers to ensure a safe learning environment for every student
- Acting as a liaison between administration and various stakeholder groups:
- Alumni Association
- Parent organizations
- Ogden School Foundation
- Partners in Education
- Chamber of Commerce
- Weber State University
- Ogden-Weber Tech College
- Various businesses, NGOs, community members and industry partners
Ogden School District and its schools support conservation through decreased use of paper communication and increased use of electronic communication. Electronic communication is particularly vital in the event of an emergency.
Parents and guardians are urged to provide a phone number (preferably a cellular phone number) and an email address to their student's school and to update the school any time the phone number or email address changes.
Parents and guardians who do not currently have an email account can learn how to create a free email account by clicking here.
Las instrucciones en español para crear una dirección de correo electrónico gratuita se pueden encontrar haciendo clic aquí.