Announcement of Vacancy
The Ogden School District Board of Education is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Superintendent of Schools.
Applications must be submitted by June 11, 2021.
Salary & Benefits
The compensation package will be competitive for the size of the school district in Utah, and will be determined by professional preparation and successful experience in educational administration, as well as other qualifications. In compliance with Utah law, superintendents receive two year contracts.
- Administrative/supervisory license preferred
- Master’s degree required
- Ph.D. or Ed.D. preferred
- Substantial leadership experience required
- A successful record of administrative experience and/or accomplishments within a K-12 school system required
- Teaching experience preferred
- School administrative experience preferred
- District leadership experience preferred
- Adheres to the highest standards of moral character and integrity; maintains an atmosphere of trust and mutual respect.
- Understands the needs of a diverse student body, and has a desire to provide educational opportunities to all students regardless of circumstance.
- Is capable of developing and maintaining mutually beneficial partnerships between the school district and employee associations, parent groups, city/state government, elected officials, and the business community.
- Values and supports students, families and the community by creating a welcoming, inclusive environment; addresses community concerns effectively.
- Values transparency and understands how to be visible in our schools and in our community.
To be considered for the position of Superintendent of Schools, applicants must complete and submit (or postmark) the required forms by 4:00 p.m. MDT on June 11, 2021.
To be considered, applications must include:
- A formal letter indicating your desire to be considered a candidate for the position of Superintendent of Schools of Ogden School District.
- A completed Superintendent Application Form. This form is available on the Utah School Boards Association website: www.usba.cc or the Ogden School District website: ogdensd.org or bit.ly/OSDsuperintendent2021
- A complete set of current college credentials. Please note that the credentials must include official transcripts of all academic work.
- Confidential and professional letters of recommendation.
- A current vita sheet or resume, including a list of professional qualifications.
- A personal and professional response to the following questions:
- Share your personal and professional expression of philosophy and your vision of leading the Ogden School District.
- Describe your idea of an appropriate working relationship between the Board of Education and Superintendent.
- Describe how you would engage all stakeholders on key issues regarding the school district, such as construction of new schools, school consolidation, establishing or modifying school boundaries, utilization of financial resources, etc.
- What strengths would you bring to the position of Superintendent in Ogden?
- What is the role of the superintendent in supporting and encouraging students to strive for graduation and postsecondary education?
- Describe your vision and experience of leading for diversity, equity and inclusion for students and staff.
- What have you done to improve the educational experience and outcomes of underrepresented students and/or students of color?
The application form, letters, inquiries, credentials, and administrative qualifications should be mailed to:
Richard Stowell, Utah School Boards Association
860 East 9085 South Sandy, UT 84094
Phone: 801-566-1207 | Fax: 801-561-4579 | Email: email@example.com
All questions from applicants should be directed to Mr. Stowell, not the school district or board of education members.