Data is a powerful tool to inform, engage, and create opportunities for students along their education journey, and it‘s much more than test scores. Data helps educators gain proper insights and make the right decisions that lead to student achievement.The Ogden School District, the Utah State Board of Education, and the Utah State Legislature value the protection of student data during all stages of the data's use.
In the Ogden School District we strive to communicate with the community about all aspects of student data and it's protection while in our possession. This page outlines the policies we have in place, the federal and state legislation in Utah, and online resources for parents and students aimed at protecting student data.
You may also wish to look at this web page from the Data Quality Campaign on the importance of educational data and why it is so important to keep it safe.
Ogden School District Policy
To ensure that we are meeting the federal and state laws governing student data, we have specific policies to help all OSD employees be data aware take part in the effort to keep student data safe. These policies outline the goals of the Ogden School District and the procedures in place to ensure we meet those goals. Click this link to view Section 11 of our Board Policy related to Data Governance
- 11.100 Data Governance
- 11.101 Data Advisory Groups
- 11.102 Employee Non-Disclosure Assurances
- 11.103 Data Security and Privacy Training
- 11.104 Policy for Disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
- 11.105 Policy for External Disclosure of Non-Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
- 11.106 Data Disclosure to a Requesting External Researcher or Evaluator
- 11.107 Data Breach Policy
- 11.108 Record Retention and Expungement
- 11.109 Quality Assurances and Transparency Requirements