OTECH High School
OTECH High School is not only a brand new building on the campus of Ogden-Weber Technical College. It is a new way of thinking. Students can graduate high school with a professional certification and have the option to continue their enrollment at their current high school on the A/B schedule.
You'll receive personalized support and engage in hands-on learning with industry partners. After graduation you are ready to start your professional career or complete an advanced degree.
Complete this form to request more information or call 801-737-8551.
Over 30 professional programs in the following areas:
- Business & Computer Technology
- Culinary Arts
Until the opening of OTECH High School, students can prepare by:
- Keeping their attendance in good standing
- Making academic progress and having good grades
- Talk to your school counselor before and during the CCR process
- Personalized: All students follow an individualized plan for learning by making informed decisions on what, how, and when to interact with course concepts.
- Self-Paced: Students move through content at a pace that matches their own needs. The journey is about gaining true understanding before rushing to new material. Students can move at an accelerated pace or take additional time to master concepts.
- Competency-Based: Assessment is a meaningful, empowering, positive process for learning that focuses on mastering specific skills. Students progress when competency is proven through demonstration of skill.
- Mentorship: Teachers are available to mentor through timely feedback, customized support, and guidance. Each student has a personalized coach for their learning process.
- Authenticity: Students engage in project-based learning and practical application of skill to demonstrate understanding.
- Can students participate in extracurriculars when attending OTECH High School? YES!
- How will my students get to the new school? Transportation will be provided from BLHS and OHS to O-Tech High School.
- Are there any fees for attending this new school? No, Ogden School District will cover the cost of the enrollment fee for all Ogden School District students.
*Some programs have supply costs. Scholarships are available through The Ogden School Foundation.