International Baccalaureate (IB)
The International Baccalaureate is one of the most highly respected high school academic programs in the world. The IB Diploma Programme (DP) and Career-Related Programme (CP) are recognized worldwide as elite accomplishments and the curriculum is considered to be the gold standard. These are rigorous courses of study with an international focus. Students are taught to apply what they learn in the classroom to the world around them. Coursework is taken in the 11th and 12th grade years.
While the two high school programs are elective options for students, the Primary Years Programme (PYP) for elementary school students and the Middle Years Program (MYP) for junior high school students are full-school models. The PYP and MYP programs have been approved for expansion to Liberty Elementary School and Mount Ogden Junior High School beginning with the 2021-2022 school year. Learn more about the PYP and MYP expansion below.
To help our community understand more about the IB program and the expansion from high school to junior high school and elementary school we conducted a vitural, public open house event. Click an image below to view a recording of the open house in either English or Spanish.
The open house produced several questions from community members. A list of those questions and the answers can be reviewed by clicking the links below.
Ogden School District currently offers students the option to participate in the International Baccalaureate (IB) program at Ogden High School. The board of education has approved implementing a model of the IB program for all students at Liberty Elementary School and all students at Mount Ogden Junior High School.
We invite you to learn more about the IB program and the plan to expand this unique and exciting learning model to students of all grades while increasing the participation and diversity of students who elect to continue the program in high school.
El Distrito Escolar de Ogden actualmente ofrece a los estudiantes la opción de participar en el programa de Bachillerato Internacional (IB) en Ogden High School. La junta de educación aprobó la implementación de un modelo del programa IB para todos los estudiantes en Liberty y todos los estudiantes de Mount Ogden Junior High School.
Lo invitamos a conocer más sobre el programa IB y la plan de expandir este modelo de aprendizaje único y emocionante a los estudiantes de todos los grados mientras aumenta la participación y diversidad de los estudiantes que eligen continuar el programa en la escuela secundaria.
The IB Program is a nationally and internationally recognized academic program known for its excellence. This unique program has over 35 years of development and refinement and is currently implemented in over 138 countries. Benefits of this rigorous pre -university education include:
- A rigorous and challenging program that prepares students for university level coursework
- Global curriculum
- Up to 30 hours of college credits at local universities and prestigious universities around the country
- Universities look highly on IB students for college admissions and show favor for scholarship opportunities
- IB program provides challenging education for all motivated students and can be tailored to fit individual student needs ranging from participating in one class to earning IB diploma
- Comprehensive and continuing professional development for teachers
- Frequent and global assessment of student work to ensure quality of teaching and student work
- Prepares students to be competitive with students across Utah and compete in a global economy
- Emphasis on balancing and excelling in both extracurricular activities and academics