What is Ogden Online?
Ogden School District (OSD) is excited to launch our new K-12 online learning program: Ogden Online. The OSD vision is Empowering Excellence Through Education and we believe education is an activity that can take place regardless of time and place. The availability of online courses will help provide flexibility for students and offer additional pathways through which they can access high-quality learning experiences.
Ogden Online focuses on the core essentials and will provide OSD students with an opportunity to seamlessly engage in distance learning for English Language Arts, Math, Science, and Social Studies.
Ogden Online courses are designed with the student in mind. Teachers prepare engaging digital coursework that not only meets the needs of the Utah Core Standards but also engages students in their learning much more than just reading and assessing online. Each Ogden Online course also ensures that a "classroom" community is developed digitally through discussions, collaboration, and experiential activities.
Is Ogden Online Right for Me?
- Are able to manage their own time while staying engaged in many working environments. (Self-Management)
- Are persistent even when tasks are difficult. (Grit and Classroom Effort)
- Have the confidence to make their own choices with moral integrity. (Self-Efficacy)
- Learn well from text, video, and digital collaboration with their peers (Learning Strategies)
- Are comfortable, with support, communicating digitally through email, Canvas, or other tools. (Communication)
Ogden Online students will still have access to the typical OSD supports including a teacher, counselor, and adviser; instructional content on Canvas; and potential interventions/extensions as deemed necessary by the teacher.
How do I enroll at Ogden Online?
We are looking forward to welcoming students back on August 26th. If you are interested in enrolling your student in Ogden Online rather than attending school in person, you will receive an email with instructions once you complete the standard registration process.
Please refer to our Parent FAQs for more information.