Ogden School District STEM programs aim to promote science, technology, engineering and math through best practices in education to ensure connection with industry, city, and state economic prosperity. Our goal is to help produce a STEM-competitive workforce to ensure our community's economic success in the global marketplace.
Catalyze student experience, community engagement and industry alignment by identifying and implementing the public- and higher-education best practices that will transform workforce development.
To See the courses required to complete each STEM Pathway, click the links below:
Students who complete a CTE pathway in our high schools are eligible for the opportunity during their senior year to spend a portion of their school day working with our industry partners in an internship experience. This will provide students with real work experience that helps them make a better decision on future career choices. Students additionally receive CTE credit for their participation in the internship.
To Sign up for the Pathways program and be eligible for Scholarships and Internships, Please click HERE
ELEMENTARY STEM LEAGUE
To create a successful pipeline for STEM and effectively address the need for highly-engaging activities in our elementary schools, Ogden School District launched a STEM League for all 5th and 6th grade students.
STEM League Objectives:
- Objective 1: Increase the number of STEM activities the project students participate in each year.
- Objective 2: Increase student awareness of STEM-related careers.
- Objective 3: Increase student enrollment in STEM-related elective class or academic club in 7th grade.
- Objective 4: Increase student academic achievement in mathematics and science classes.
- Objective 5: Increase project teacher knowledge of STEM and effective instruction strategies to increase student achievement in STEM curricula.
- Sphero Robotics and Coding
- Lego Renewable Energy
- Popsicle Stick Bridges
- Lego EV3 Robotics